Iain has developed a specialism in Inclusive Design since early 2005. He started out at Buro Happold Engineers as a consultant in their Inclusive Design team before establishing his own consultancy in January 2009.
In late 2011, Iain accepted an offer to be project sponsor and lead in Accessibility and Inclusive Design for Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London (the former London 2012 Games site). Throughout the £300m post-Games transformation programme and subsequent legacy development, Iain has provided the client-side lead on accessibility and inclusive design for the Mayor of London. Iain ensures inclusive design advice is provided consistently to colleagues, partners and stakeholders and regulates development work to provide exemplar inclusive design outcomes; often forging creative and innovative solutions.
In 2016, Iain was one of a core team who founded the Global Disability Innovation Hub. Iain is the Hub’s Head of Inclusive Design and leads on all aspects of Inclusive Design drawing on his considerable experience delivering inclusive design solutions in large scale urban regeneration. In the same year, Hub partner University College London (UCL) offered Iain an Honorary Lecture roll to share his Inclusive Design knowledge and experience with students from a variety of disciplines.
For full list of previous projects, programmes, publications and awards, please get in touch to request a CV.
Professional and Board Memberships:
- 2016 – present: Board Member of the Built Environment Professional Education (BEPE) project
- 2016 – present: BSI Committee Member B/559 – Access to Buildings for Disabled People
- 2015 – present: CABE Design Council working group member on Inclusive Design CPD
- 2011 – present: Facilitator and Secretariat for LLDC’s Built Environment Access Panel (BEAP)
- 2007 – present: Consultant Member of the National Register of Access Consultants (NRAC)
- LLDC’s Inclusive Design Standards, March 2013